Two types of tuition assistance are available to qualifying families. You do not have to be Catholic to apply.
- The Archdiocese of Dubuque program Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future School Tuition Organization (STO) OurFaithSTO.org
- The locally-funded St. Patrick program
Timeline for Fall 2019 Assistance
- January 1: Applications available online
- April 15: Deadline to apply and submit tax materials
- May 15: Award notification letters sent
- June 7: Deadline to accept/decline assistance
- July 15: Round #2 Deadline
- August 6: Round #2 awards
Amounts of any available Round #2 awards can be considerably smaller.
How does tuition assistance work?
- Where does this money come from? Donors support Catholic education while receiving generous tax credits for their gifts. They give this money to help middle income families as well as those at lower levels.
- Last year qualifying families received between 7.5 to 90% of their tuition depending on verified need. Non-Catholic students can receive assistance only up to the "Catholic tuition rate" for the school. Participation in our Scrip program (buying gift cards for groceries, gas, etc.) will further reduce the amount your family actually pays.
- You might be surprised at the qualifying levels! For 2019-20, a family of four would qualify for consideration at/below an estimated annual income of $100,400. See chart below for other family sizes.
- We encourage all families to apply for assistance. Our local program may be able to help over and above the STO program or when when STO cannot. You must submit the FACTS application before you request local assistance.
- What else can I do to lower my tuition bill? Read our It's Affordable Flyer for other strategies to reduce your out of pocket cost.
2019-20 Estimated STO Qualifying Levels
|Two ||$65,840 || Five || $117,680 |
|Three || $83,120 || Six || $134,960 |
|Four || $100,400 || Seven || $152,240 |
How to Apply
Helpful resources: tuition assistance information letter, Frequently Asked Questions 2019, How to Apply with FACTS Management, YouTube video
- Apply online at online.factsmgt.com/aid for both programs. You will need your 2018 tax return, current W-2, and other applicable tax statements as explained in the How to Apply flyer. Use our school zip code 50613. The application fee is $31.
- Follow the directions to upload, fax or mail supporting documents.
- Request local assistance after submitting the FACTS application.
For confidential assistance, contact our Business Manager Laura Lockert at 319-277-6781 or LLockert@cfcatholicschool.org. Laura can help you fill out the online application and scan your tax documents. You may also call the FACTS call center at 866-441-4637. Contact Principal Lynette Hackett at 319-277-6781 if the processing fee is cost prohibitive for your family.
See our Tuition page for other incentives that may help fund your child's education. Please note that tuition assistance is not available for preschool or for transportation fees.