Kindergartners celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. Learning is fun at St. Patrick Catholic School!
Our early elementary program provides a strong foundation for life-long achievement. Collaboration among teachers to improve learning, early foreign language instruction, integration of technology into the curriculum, and faith formation are cornerstones of a St. Patrick education.
Small learning groups within the classroom allow all students to reach their highest potential, whether they need an extra challenge or require additional help in a certain subject. The Leader in Me Program works hand-in-hand with our emphasis on faith and values to develop the whole child.
Our well-rounded curriculum includes vocal music, art, physical education, health, guidance and public speaking opportunities. Spanish instruction begins in kindergarten and continues through grade eight.
Our resources, facilities and services contribute to the academic success of our students:
- Our younger students use iPads and computers to enhance what they are studying in class.
- Chromebooks are 1:1 starting in grade 3 and are used extensively for daily work and projects.
- Our full-size modern gym, large outdoor playground, and grassy area are used for physical education and recess time.
- Students enjoy checking out books in our own library and visit the public library two blocks away.
- The newly renovated Multipurpose Room provides space for guest speakers, assemblies, the after school program, other uses.
- Additional programs and personnel support learning needs (resource teacher and classroom, speech pathologist, and special education consultation model with AEA).
- Hot lunch with fresh fruit and vegetable choices and breakfast are prepared in our own kitchen and served in our separate cafeteria adjacent to the newly remodeled band and music rooms.
- Small group learning meets the needs of all students
- Focus on core skills including reading, writing, language and communication
- Development of handwriting using research based strategies and curriculum
- Building a foundation of necessary skills including the writing process, gathering and using information for research, and the reading process
- Building a core mathematics foundation using real-life situations and activities
- Understanding and applying basic and advanced numerical concepts and properties
- Teaching and building on areas of measurement, statistics and data analysis
- Small groups allow students to get extra help or move more rapidly through material
- Science inquiry curriculum focused on connections between scientific concepts and real-world situations
- Hands-on activities and experiments to engage students and make learning fun
- A foundation for a more in-depth look at scientific exploration in years to come
- Introduction to responsibilities of and connections among families, communities, countries and the world
- Junior Achievement program brings community members into the school to enhance what students learn in class
In all grade levels, field trips enhance what is learned in the classroom.