Two types of tuition assistance are available to qualifying families. You do not have to be Catholic to apply.
- The Archdiocese of Dubuque program Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future School Tuition Organization (STO) STO website
- The locally-funded St. Patrick School program
How does tuition assistance work?
- Where does this money come from? Individual donors support Catholic education while receiving generous tax credits for their gifts. They give this money to help middle income families as well as those at lower levels.
- Last year qualifying families received between $300 to 90% of their tuition depending on verified need. Participation in our Scrip program (buying gift cards for groceries, gas, etc.) will further reduce the amount your family actually pays.
- You might be surprised at the qualifying levels! For 2017-18, a family of four would qualify for STO assistance at/below annual income of $73,800. 2018-19 qualifying levels will be available in late January 2018.
- We encourage all families to apply for assistance, as the local program may be able to help even when STO cannot.
Timeline for Fall 2018 Assistance
- January 1: Applications available
- March 29: Deadline to apply and submit tax materials
- May 11: Award notification letters
- June 1: Deadline to accept/decline assistance
If you miss the March 29, 2018 deadline, later awards can be considerably smaller.
2017-2018 STO Qualifying Levels
|Two ||$48,720 || Five || $86,340 |
|Three || $61,260 || Six || $98,880 |
|Four || $73,800 || Seven || $111,420 |
How to Apply
Helpful resources: tuition assistance information letter, parent flyer, YouTube video
- Apply online at online.factsmgt.com/aid for both programs. You will need your 2017 tax return, current W-2, and other applicable tax statements as explained in the parent flyer. Use our school zip code 50613. The application fee is $26.
- Follow the directions to upload, fax or mail supporting documents.
- Request local assistance after submitting the FACTS application.
For confidential assistance, contact our Business Manager Laura Lockert at 319-277-6781. Laura can help you fill out the online application and scan your tax documents. You may also call the FACTS call center at 866-441-4637.
See our Tuition page for other incentives that may help fund your child's education. Please note that tuition assistance is not available for transportation fees. If you miss the deadline, we encourage you to apply for any funds that might still be available in round #2 (July 14, 2017 deadline) or a possible round #3.